It is day 2 of my 30 day blog challenge and here are 20 facts about me:
- I am 23 years old.
- I am a Bajan (someone from Barbados in the Caribbean).
- I am also half Irish! (My Dad is from Ireland :))
- I am 5”2 … sorta.
- My middle name is Isabel, after my beautiful grandmother on my mother’s side.
- My favourite place to be as a child was in the kitchen with my grandmother and mother.
- I have one absolutely amazing older sister.
- I have a scar under my chin from when I was little and ran up some wet stairs and busted it right open.
- When I was younger I wanted to be a ballerina or a theatre dancer.
- I used to have a massive gap between my front teeth, before my wisdom teeth grew in.
- I went to Queen’s College Secondary School and Barbados Community College, where I met some awesome role models that in one way or another still influence me and my decisions. (Mrs McConney and Ms Osbourne)
- I bruise easily … no seriously, it is ridiculous.
- I have a tattoo on my ankle of a smiling sun. I got it when I was 18 and just before I left home for university. I named her Calypso, after the sea nymph in Greek mythology and after the genre of music native to the Caribbean. She keeps me sane on days when homesickness seems a bit too hard.
- When I am upset I cook – Lasagna is the best cure ever!
- My favourite colour is aqua marine blue (basically the colour of the Caribbean sea).
- I moved to London in 2013 with friends from University.
- My accent changes depending on who I am talking to – one of the various side effects of being an international student, you become a bit of a chameleon.
- I follow a vegetarian diet 4 days a week.
- I have a wall of cards from my Mum that depict different scenery from Barbados.
- The kitchen is still my favourite place to be, it is my haven.
Have a beautiful day and keep smiling!